Below are some questions to clarify personal engagement in your own life. What you discover from these questions can help you decide on the kind of non-superficial action you can take in order to live engaged throughout your own life right now.
These questions might seem a bit direct, but they’re for you alone. Many of these questions are rarely the subject of personal engagement, but that’s the point. Just don’t ask them all to yourself at once. In fact, maybe pick two and just think or write about them for a while. The responses might surprise you!
19 Questions about Personal Engagement
- What does being engaged in my own life mean to me?
- How do I respond when I’m struggling with getting engaged in my life?
- What are the most important and complex things I’m engaged in right now?
- Do I focus on strengths or weaknesses of my engagement?
- How do I use creativity and innovative thinking in my engagements throughout life?
- How do I use critical thinking about what I’m engaged in in my life?
- How do I assess what I’m engaged in and what I want to engage in or disengage from?
- What can I do to support engagement in my home right now?
- What kinds of questions do you suggest that I ask myself on a daily basis about personal engagement?
- How exactly are my engagements meaningful to me right now? In the past?
- How do I measure things I’ve been engaged in before?
- What are the most common ways I become engaged in things throughout my life?
- What ways are best for me to become engaged in my life, (like doing things, learning about things, engaging with others, engaging in myself, etc.), and what do I see as the primary benefits of those approaches to me specifically?
- What are the resources in my life for becoming more engaged?
- What are the most common barriers I experience to becoming engaged?
- How is engagement changing in my life right now?
- How do I see the role of others in my engagement?
- What do I need?
- What am I not asking but should be?
And when you get interesting or surprising answers to these questions, please share them in the comments section below!