There are adults in our society who insist on deciding what, how, when, where, why and who young people can access. Questions like this seems to plague their minds:
- Who does my child hang around with?
- What should my students read?
- When can I tell her the truth?
- Why would they possibly want to know?
- Where are those little punks?
- How could they?!?
And so forth. These adults are considered with every issue that affects youth, and in every sector of almost every young person’s life. Luckily, there is growing recognition that when young people have access to information they can change their own lives, the lives of others, and the whole wide world. Here are some examples regarding birth control, school reform, and public health.
We have to pull back the curtains and show young people the reality. Must.