From 2010 through 2013, Adam contracted with Educational Service District 123 in Pasco, Washington to provide a series of trainings focused on integrating Meaningful Student Involvement into 21st Century Community Learning Centers programs.
More than 40 participants attended almost 48 hours of professional development throughout three years. Topics covered included student-adult partnerships, the Cycle of Engagement, my Frameworks for Meaningful Student Involvement, and more.
Adam also introduced a new component to each of the training events focused on personal engagement in schools, and how each individual participants’ perception of schools affects how they interact with learners. Each participant made plans for action, and were provided consultation throughout the year.
From 2012 to 2013, Adam provided 20+ hours of professional development for 20 sites from this program to facilitate the SoundOut Student Voice Curriculum. Participants learned to facilitate learning and projects focused on Meaningful Student Involvement for participants, and used the curriculum at their discretion.
- Educational Opportunity Center, Clarkston, Washington
- New Horizons Alternative High School, Pasco, Washington
- Prosser Falls Alternative High School, Prosser, Washington
- River’s Edge Alternative High School, Richland Washington
- John Sager Middle School & Meadowbrook Intermediate School, College Place, Washington
- Dayton Elementary School & Dayton Middle School, Dayton, Washington
- Finley Middle School, Finley, Washington
- Kiona-Benton Middle School, Benton City, Washington
- Robert L. Olds Junior High School, Connell, Washington
- Paterson School, Paterson, Washington
- Columbia Middle School, Burbank, Washington
- Highlands Middle School, Kennewick, Washington
- Park Middle School, Kennewick, Washington
- McFarland Middle School, Othello, Washington
- Housel Middle School, Prosser, Washington
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- SoundOut Student Voice Curriculum
- Past Clients and Collaborators