What do I do now?
Reading all you have about personal engagement, you might wonder where to start or what to do next.
Don’t worry. There are plenty of things you can do personally and throughout your life to foster Personal Engagement.
15 Steps to Nurture Personal Engagement
There are practical and positive ways we can foster personal engagement in our own lives. After training many people over several years, here are 15 steps I have discovered.
- Always start personally, and never ask people to become engaged in something you’re not engaged in, especially You.
- Reflect personally about your experiences being engaged within and outside yourself.
- Identify what your beliefs about personal engagement are right now- not as you think they should be or as you want them to be.
- Examine your beliefs about personal engagement specifically. Why do you have them? How do you act them out?
- Stop discounting other peoples’ personal engagement.
- Stand up to others that discount people because of their personal engagement.
- Identify an ally to have honest conversations with about being personally engaged.
- Have honest conversations with others about being personally engaged.
- Read books, websites, blogs, and other forms of expression about the ways you are personally engaged throughout your life.
- Start a group, join a group, or offer personal support to a group of people promoting Personal Engagement in your community.
- Evaluate your Personal Engagement using the evaluation Adam Fletcher has created in his book Heartspace and the Principle of Engagement.
- Explore books, websites, blogs, and other forms of expression about Personal Engagement.
- Learn about issues, ideas, actions, people, places, events, and outcomes that are important to you and become more personally engaged in them.
- Join a group that is not focused on you specifically and become personally engaged.
- Consistently represent personal engagement throughout your life, in your community, in professional, social, and other activities.
These are concrete steps you can take starting RIGHT NOW to become personally engaged. Alternatively, you can also just chill and appreciate where you are right now without doing anything more…
Let me know what you think by responding in the comment section below, and please share these tip sheets with your friends!
You Might Like…
- Personal Engagement Tip Sheets by Adam Fletcher
- An Introduction to Heartspace: The Engine of Personal Engagement
Adam Fletcher is available to train, coach, speak, and write about Personal Engagement across the US and Canada. Contact him to learn about the possibilities!