Join CommonAction and others for the
2013 SEATTLE SERVICE LEARNING SYMPOSIUM
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013
At S.T.E.M. at CLEVELAND High School 5511 15TH Avenue South, Seattle, 98108
Join School Staff, Community Partners, and National Service Members for Networking, Exploring Development & Implementation of Service Learning, Youth Engagement, Community-School Partnerships…
- A welcome by Superintendent José Banda
- Service Learning 101
- Building the Field from Within: Learning from Local Youth Engagement Practitioners
- Youth Adult Partnerships: Strengthening Service Learning
- Getting Your Ducks in a Row: How to Plan Science Service Learning at your School
- The Teen Outreach Program: Effective Youth Development through Community Service Learning
- Community Development: Following the Lead of Young People
- Service Learning through Social Entrepreneurship in the Classroom & Community
- and MORE!
AND A NEW YOUTH INSTITUTE!
The first-ever Seattle Service Learning Symposium Youth Institute is coordinated by CommonAction, and will address three main questions:
- What is service learning and why do we do it?
- How can I do a great service learning project?
- Can I change the world with service learning?
- Registration on-line at: http://2013slsymposium.brownpapertickets.com
- Registration includes: Morning Goodies & Coffee, Lunch, and Materials
- Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/467024126692752/
- Clock Hours are available; ca. 6 hours at $2 per hour or a maximum of $12.
- Please bring checks made out to Seattle Public Schools.
- Forms will be available at the end of the Symposium.