Here’s the new “10 Signs You’re Experiencing Adultism” poster I made for The Freechild Project. Following are the 10 signs:
- “You’ll understand when you get older” is your middle name.
- You’re forced to go to school.
- You aren’t allowed to choose your clothes, the people you hang out with, or the places you spend your time.
- You can’t make decisions about your own body without parental consent.
- You do the same work for less pay than adults.
- Adults say, “Because I said so,” to you.
- You have to take standardized tests in underfunded schools.
- Marketers sell you cool things instead of useful things.
- You can’t vote because you’re under a certain age.
- The sign says, “No two people under 18 without adult supervision.”
Other signs: Arbitrary punishments, Driving While Young, School-to-Prison Pipeline, School choice, Forced medical care, No access to banking, Access to healthcare, Standardized curriculum, Age of candidacy, Commercialization of youth culture… And So Much More!
You Might Like…
- Why Does Adultism Exist?
- Two Types of Adultism
- An Interview on Adultism with Adam Fletcher
- Adultism in the Law
Want more about transforming the world through engagement? Sign up for Adam’s FREE newsletter to get the latest tools, examples, and more.