Student Voice, which is any expression of any student about anything related to education and learning, can be infused into all classrooms to help students learn better.
It can be easy to misbelieve that Student Voice is just about letting students have a say in what, how, why, when, or where they’re taught. That is not true. Student Voice is any expression of students. Here are some points to guide your understanding about Student Voice and learning.
- All Student Voice Matters.
- Every Learning Relationship Matters.
- Students Aren’t Incomplete.
- Total Responsibility Is Shared.
- Students Know Things.
- Equity, Not Equality.
- It’s About Learning, Teaching, AND Leadership.
- Student Voice Requires More Than Just Talking.