There is hidden, neglected, denied, lost and forgotten history among low-income people and people of color across the United States and Canada. Adam Fletcher Sasse is a hyperlocal historian who has extensively researched the history of Omaha, Nebraska, to find that history.
Committed to emphasizing, highlighting and empowering the history of these histories, Adam has built a massive website with hundreds of articles, written several books, hosted more than 80 podcast episodes, and developed a massive social media presence to promote the past. He has also worked with partner organizations and individuals to broaden the city’s interest in the history of low-income people and people of color.
Adam provides training workshops, speeches, online seminars, and more related to history. Contact him today to learn more.
Adam Fletcher Sasse Books on History
- OmahaBlackHistory: African American People, Places and Events from the History of Omaha, Nebraska by Adam Fletcher Sasse (2021)
- Drawing North Omaha by Adam Fletcher Sasse (2018)
- North Omaha History, Volume One by Adam Fletcher Sasse (2016)
- North Omaha History, Volume Two by Adam Fletcher Sasse (2016)
- North Omaha History, Volume Three by Adam Fletcher Sasse (2016)
You Might Like…
- North Omaha History website
These are interviews, websites, videos and articles with Adam Fletcher Sasse related to NorthOmahaHistory.com.
- “Unraveling Racism with Adam Fletcher Sasse” Annette van de Kamp, Jewish Press. (November 16, 2021)
- “North Omaha History’s Adam Fletcher Sasse on Racism’s Legacy in Metro,” Tom Knoblauch, KIOS (October 9, 2021)
- “A glimpse at Omaha’s Black history pre-1880” Stu Pospisil Omaha World-Herald (July 4, 2021)
- “A look back: The Omaha riots of the 1960s” Jon Kipper KMTV (June 4, 2021)
- “#OmahaBlackHistory book embraces community’s past” Melissa Fry KETV (March 11, 2021)
- “Adam Fletcher Sasse Joins the Show” Pat & JT podcast (December 9, 2020)
- “Leaders In Purpose ep 19 Adam Fletcher Sasse” C.C. Alexander KPAO (November 14, 2020)
- “Current protests across the country evoke memories of 1960s Omaha” Paul Guitterez KPTM (May 29, 2020)
- “‘A Different Kind of Church’: Historic North Omaha Church Envisioned as a Community Center” Erin Duffy Omaha World-Herald (February 26, 2020)
- “Historic Chambers Court damaged in Friday night fire; 33 people displaced” Sierra Karst Omaha World-Herald (December 21, 2019)
- “Effort to bring new life to old North Omaha mall and bowling all is rolling right,” Cindy Gonzalez Omaha World-Herald (November 23, 2019)
- “Adam Fletcher Sasse – Learning from North Omaha’s History” Inside Omaha podcast (July 5, 2019)
- “In 1863, Nebraska Territory hanged a Kansas legislator in its first legal execution” Chris Peters Omaha World-Herald (December 3, 2018)
Want more about transforming the world through engagement? Sign up for Adam’s FREE newsletter to get the latest tools, examples, and more.