You know I’m not the most famous person in the world, right?!?
I don’t have a publicist, and I want people to get a hold of my newest book, Ending Discrimination Against Young People
. I need your help!
If you want to pitch in, you can help me by helping get the word out. The biggest help you can do is find one person who needs and wants Ending Discrimination Against Young People. Offer the book to that person, and then if you want to, repeat.
Slower than you want, but faster than you think, we can help stop adultism and end discrimination. Here are some ways to help reach out for my awesome, powerful, strong book, Ending Discrimination Against Young People.
10 Steps to Promote Ending Discrimination Against Young People
1. Contribute to Facebook groups and Web forums—
Every field has at least one or two facebook groups and web forums that people who should know about Ending Discrimination Against Young People
read. Find and join these forums. Contribute to them freely. Give advice from the book and reach out. Put a link to http://adamfletcher.net
in your signature line, or add the name of the book in your signature block.
2. Write a Blog—
Writing about the book with helpful, inspirational information from it. Relate your experience and stories to the subjects in Ending Discrimination Against Young People
. Aim to inspire people to buy the book, and share the link with them.
3. Write a Remarkable Review—Go to Amazon.com and write a review of the book. You can say things like: “I loved it! This book is amazing!”, and tell your story related to the book. Ending Discrimination Against Young People needs word-of-mouth publicity. Recommend it to your friends. They will recommend it to their friends. This is the best publicity the book can get.
4. Share Stuff from the Media Kit—My online media for the book kit includes
5. Share the Webpage—There’s a full webpage that includes:
- A link to the Amazon page for your book, so people can buy the book online
- Your media kit
- Book reviews and blurbs
- My schedule of appearances, including bookstores, speaking engagements and conferences
- Contact information.
6. Write Articles—
Every field has websites and magazines that needs to share Ending Discrimination Against Young People
. Find them and tell me about them. You can also write articles about the book for newsletters, websites, magazines, or eZines. Mention Ending Discrimination Against Young People
in the article. In online articles, link the book title to its Amazon page
so readers can click over and buy the book.
7. Help the Book Get 20 Amazon Reviews—Amazon.com
reviews are amazingly effective. Everyone from book buyers to publishers reads them. Our goal is to get at least 20 reviews of Ending Discrimination Against Young People
. Contact everyone you know and ask each of them if they would give the book an honest review. Let them know it can be brief. If they agree, let me know
and I will send them either a PDF containing a table of contents, two sample chapters, and me bio.
8. Get the Book Mentioned in Email Blasts—Get Ending Discrimination Against Young People mentioned in your org’s large-volume emails. Review the book the email newsletter.
9. Make and Post Online Videos—Make a few 1 or 2 minute video reviewing and promoting Ending Discrimination Against Young People. Put the book title and URL on the bottom of the video screen and in the credits. Post your videos on several of the many video sharing sites including sites like blip.tv, jumpcut, ourmedia, Vimeo, vSocial and YouTube. Share the clips on your website, through your facebook or twitter page, and through emails to your friends and colleagues.
10. Ask for It—Go to your local bookstore and library and ask people to carry the book. Let them know you’re excited about it, share your copy with them, and ask them to carry it themselves. Tell them you’ll personally help others learn about it and send customers and users to them.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU for sharing Ending Discrimination Against Young People with your people. Let me know what I can do for YOU!