Did you know that CommonAction has a collection of videos on youtube? We believe there are a lot of different ways to learn, and here we feature visual based learning opportunities.
Here’s our listings, and a description of each one!
- Catalyst Miami Meaningful Youth Engagement Interview with Adam Fletcher Part 1 and part 2 – This interview by the spectacular Cheryl Mizell aired on 99JAMZ Community Voices show.
- City of Everett Youth Leadership Summit – A promo clip for the event including a number of cutaways with Adam Fletcher talking.
- An Introduction to Re-envisioning the Roles of Young People throughout Society – Adam’s introduction to his work through The Freechild Project.
- The Sidewalk Story – This is a commonly told story by Adam about work by Buckminster Fuller.
- The Language of Youth Involvement – Adam walks through terms all youth involvement folks should know.
- The History of Youth Voice in the United States – In this introduction, Adam tells the untold story of youth-led social change.
- New Roles for Youth – Adam scans the global movement for youth involvement and identifies the main roles young people play throughout their communities.
- Introduction to Adultism – Discussing the bias in society towards adults, Adam examines where, what, and how it happens.
- Adults as Allies – Adam explores roles adults can play as allies to youth.
- Young People and Public Society – In this clip Adam identifies the powerful, positive roles young people have as members of society.
- In Defense of Public Schools – Adam examines the roles of public schools in democratic society.
- The Roots of Youth Voice – Where does youth voice stem from? Adam examines the basis.
- Meaningful Student Involvement: Secondary Academy for Success – This featurette highlights the work of SoundOut in one high school in Washington state.
Let me know if you’d like to see other videos from me in the future!