I am passionate about connecting people to the places they live, work, and play every day, and all the people who share those places. Through my career working in nonprofits and government agencies, I have focused on community engagement in a variety of ways. Starting in 2005, I led CommonAction to support 100s of organizations in several dozen communities in many ways.
My Resources on Community Empowerment
- CommonAction website
- CommonAction on Facebook
- CommonAction on Twitter
- CommonAction on Slideshare
- Adam’s list of topics related to community engagement
- Contact Adam
Some of My Past Clients on Community Engagement
“Adam Fletcher’s work is especially relevant in getting people to participate in the realms of politics and critical education.” —Henry Giroux, Global Television Network Chair in English and Cultural Studies at McMaster University; Author 40+ books about education and youth.
“As an advisor, Adam has contributed strategic thinking, guidance, and action—helping take our organization to the next level. He has supported us in clarifying our vision, defining our strategic planning, creating new revenue streams, and developing educational training programs.”—Kyla Lackie of SOAR
“CommonAction creates opportunities for people to become meaningfully involved in the decisions that affect them. Their work has made them the “go to” organization on these issues nationally.” —Greg Williamson, Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Schools
My Case Studies on Community Engagement
Resources I Have Created on Community Empowerment
- “Becoming an Excellent Facilitator”
- “Purpose, Empowerment and the Experience of Volunteerism in Community“
- CommonAction on Slideshare—A collection of Adam Fletcher’s powerpoints from his speeches.
Tools I Have Created for Others on Community Engagement
- Call to Service Toolkit—Created for the National PTA.
- 5-Year Strategic Plan—Created for Let’s Move, Cheney!