Adam F.C. Fletcher is regularly cited as an expert and advocate by the media. Some sources share whole interviews with him, while others cite him. Following is a collection of media sharing Adam F.C. Fletcher in the news.
- “Learning about Modern Youth Leadership” Eoin Bastable for KBOO. (May 12, 2023)
- “Police Brutality in Omaha Nebraska” by MORE: Movement in Omaha for Racial Equity. (June 30, 2022)
- “Adam Fletcher on Adultism,” the Brandon Marotta Show (2021)
- “North Omaha History’s Adam Fletcher Sasse on Racism’s Legacy in Metro,” Tom Knoblauch, KIOS (October 9, 2021)
- “Adam Fletcher Sasse Joins the Show” Pat & JT podcast (December 9, 2020)
- “Adam Fletcher Sasse – Learning from North Omaha’s History” Inside Omaha podcast (July 5, 2019)
- “Engaging Student Leaders with Adam Fletcher” by Don Wotruba of the Michigan School Boards Association (May 2019)
- “The Kids Are (And Always Have Been) Alright” by Brooke Gladstone for WNYC’s On The Media (February 23, 2018)
- “Interview with Adam Fletcher” by Kris Welch for KPFA (June 13, 2018)
- “Student Voice Champion Adam Fletcher” by Jean Courtney for the Student Voice Practitioners Podcast (October 16, 2016)
- “Adam Fletcher, Founder of The Freechild Project” by Rebecca Bohman of the Luminous Minds podcast (2015)
- “Meaningful Youth Engagement with Adam Fletcher” by Cheryl Mizell of WEDR 97 Jamz (2011)
- “Adam Fletcher Promotes Youth Leaders Taking Action” by Clare Hanbury. (June 21, 2011)
- “Students as Partners in Learning: Adam Fletcher Talks about Meaningful Student Involvement” in Northwest Education (Spring-Summer 2008)
- “Taking the Lead: What Happens When Students Help Run Their High Schools” by Beth Fertig for The 74 Million (April 19, 2023)
- “Learning from youth serving school boards” by Eoin Bastable for KBOO (January 23, 2023)
- “‘Unravelling Racism’: The Staenberg Omaha Jewish Community Center tackles the taboo topic” by Danielle Davis for Channel 3 News (December 14, 2021)
- “Unraveling Racism with Adam Fletcher Sasse” Annette van de Kamp, Jewish Press. (November 16, 2021)
- “A glimpse at Omaha’s Black history pre-1880” Stu Pospisil Omaha World-Herald (July 4, 2021)
- “A look back: The Omaha riots of the 1960s” Jon Kipper KMTV (June 4, 2021)
- “Student School Board Members Flex Their Civic Muscle in Supreme Court Free-Speech Case” by Stephen Sawchuck for EdWeek (April 7, 2021)
- “#OmahaBlackHistory book embraces community’s past” Melissa Fry KETV (March 11, 2021)
- “Leaders In Purpose ep 19 Adam Fletcher Sasse” C.C. Alexander KPAO (November 14, 2020)
- “Current protests across the country evoke memories of 1960s Omaha” Paul Guitterez KPTM (May 29, 2020)
- “‘A Different Kind of Church’: Historic North Omaha Church Envisioned as a Community Center” Erin Duffy Omaha World-Herald (February 26, 2020)
- “Historic Chambers Court damaged in Friday night fire; 33 people displaced” Sierra Karst Omaha World-Herald (December 21, 2019)
- “Effort to bring new life to old North Omaha mall and bowling all is rolling right,” Cindy Gonzalez Omaha World-Herald (November 23, 2019)
- “Tapping The Power Of Youth” by Andrew Malekoff for the Long Island Weekly (September 14, 2019)
- “Elevating Student Voice in Education” by Meg Benner, Catherine Brown, and Ashley Jeffrey for the Center for American Progress on August 14, 2019
- “Few Student Board Members Can Vote. Should That Change?” by Stephen Sawchuck for EdWeek (June 11, 2019)
- “In 1863, Nebraska Territory hanged a Kansas legislator in its first legal execution” Chris Peters Omaha World-Herald (December 3, 2018)
- “Philly Appoints 2 Students to Its School Board as Students Nationwide Fight to Be Heard” by Mark Keierleber for the74 September 25, 2018
- “Schools creating new structures to encourage student voice” by Linda Jacobson for EducationDive on November 6, 2017
- “Students on school boards bring unique perspective in K-12 direction” by Rafael Guerrero for the Chicago Tribune on August 9, 2017
- “Trump’s victory is driving the youth of America to fight back” by Colin Daileda for Mashable on November 29, 2016
- “Student reps bring new perspectives to Yakima Valley school boards” by Rafael Guerrero for the Yakima Herald-Republic-May on 27, 2016.
- “Teens seek greater influence in education“, by Elinore Ruth Van Donge for CDA News on March 21, 2015.
- “Why Do American Students Have So Little Power?” by Amanda Ripley for The Atlantic on March 12, 2015.
- “Should Students Sit on School Boards?” by Jacoba Urist for The Atlantic on April 23, 2014.
- “A leadership experiment in student voice: A new kind of summer school,” by Robin Kirk for OPC Register. Winter 2014.
- “Illuminating the Blind Spots – Climbing from Student Voice to Student Involvement” by Jodene Dunleavy and Max Cooke for Education Canada. 2014.
- “Students as partners are…” in Forum News and Notes Information and Ideas from The Forum for Collaborative Leadership & Innovation. April 22, 2014.
- “Engagement leads to happiness: So what about the classroom?” by Robert Ryshke for the Center for Teaching Advancing the Teaching Profession. January 20, 2014.
- “JCPS teachers embrace tactics to make sure students ‘get it,’ aren’t left behind academically,” by Antoinette Konz for the Louisville Courier-Journal. September 25, 2013.
- “Student Voice” By Denise Rose on Foothills School Divison blog. January 2013.
- “Adam Fletcher is selected as the Five Year Strategic Plan Consultant” by Let’s Move Cheney. Winter 2012.
- “Creating Authentic Jobs For Student Learning Teams” by Susan Lucille Davis for Smart Learning. October 31, 2012.
- “Adultism vs Legitimate Adult Stewardship of Youth” by Cooper Zale on Lefty Parent. December 14, 2011.
- “Partnering with Students Yields Engaging Rewards,” by Amanda Ryan Fear at Teaching Tolerance. July 5, 2011.
- “Youth engagement opportunities abound to teach kids about activism, philanthropy, service” by Lois M. Collins for Deseret News. October 16, 2011.
- “Centennial student rallies peers to gain voice on Peoria Unified School District issues,” by Jeffrey Javier on March 4, 2011 for The Arizona Republic.
- “Getting Students Involved in Creating a Healthy School Leigh Dalton,” by Ray Churchman, and Adriane Tasco for for ASCD Healthy School Communities in 2011.
- “How to Teach Leadership to Students Create a Leadership Development Program” by Monica E. Stevens on Yahoo. February 7, 2011.
- “Year in Review” by Helen Beattie for Youth and Adults Transforming Schools Together. Spring 2010.
- “Community Youth Development – Sounds good but is it?” by R. Swier for Red Country. November 28, 2010.
- “Adam Fletcher” by Al Duncan on Duncan Nuggets blog. January 1, 2010.
- “Meeting Adam Fletcher and Seattle Visit” by Jean Berthiaume (October 14, 2009)
- “Parties falling short on tapping youths” by K. Mahoney and R. Zahorsky for USA Today. December 28, 2007.
- “Getting Youth on Board” by Brian Wheeler for the National School Board Association. April 7, 2006.
- “Getting Students Involved in Creating a Healthy School” by L. Dalton, R. Churchman, and A. Tasco for ASCD: Health School Communities Whole Child Initiative. November 10, 2008.
- “Hand in hand or toe to toe? Mall-teen dynamic evolves” for St. Louis Post-Dispatch. November 20, 2006.
- “Youth community activists size up a toxic threat,” by S. Bohan and M. Manekin for Inside Bay Area. November 16, 2006.
- “Everybody Wins!” by G. Greiner for Wondertime Magazine. Spring 2006.
- “Seminário internacional debate legalidade e estatuto da juventude” by Projeto Juventude and Instituto Cidadania. November 10, 2005.
- “The Teen Ticket: Are Teenagers Old Enough to Vote?” by for Edutopia on July 1, 2004.
- “Adam’s actions dispel Generation Xer myth” by Cyndy Lange-Kubick for the Lincoln Journal-Star. April 5, 1998.
- Children’s Rights 0-8: Promoting participation in education and care by Mallika Kanyal for Routledge. March 26, 2014.
- Bad for You: Exposing the War on Fun! by Scott Cunningham for Macmillan. January 7, 2014.
- Youth and Society: The Long and Winding Road, Third Edition by Vappu Tyyskä for the Canadian Scholars’ Press. January 2, 2014.
- Organisation und Partizipation: Beiträge der Kommission Organisationspädagogik by Susanne Maria Weber, Michael Göhlich, Andreas Schröer, et al for Springer DE. 2013.
- Engaging Pupil Voice to Ensure that Every Child Matters: A Practical Guide by Rita Cheminais for Routledge. January 11, 2013.
- I’ve Got Something to Say: How student voices inform our teaching by David Booth for Pembroke Publishers Limited. October 9, 2013.
- Young Citizens of the World: Teaching Elementary Social Studies through Civic Engagement, Second Edition by Marilynne Boyle-Baise and Jack Zevin for Routledge. December 4, 2013.
- “I think it’s important we get a say”: KidsMatter and student voice by Australia Primary Schools Mental Health Initiative. 2013.
- Better Serving Teens through School Library–Public Library Collaborations by Cherie P. Pandora and Stacey Hayman for ABC-CLIO. August 15, 2013.
- Essential Skills for Youth Work Practice by Kate Sapin for SAGE. January 15, 2013.
- Socially Responsible Literacy: Teaching Adolescents for Purpose and Power by Paula M. Selvester and Deborah G. Summers for Teachers College Press. 2012.
- Aim High, Achieve More: How to Transform Urban Schools Through Fearless Leadership by Yvette Jackson and Veronica McDermott for ASCD. 2012.
- Increasing Student Engagement and Retention Using Immersive Interfaces: Virtual Worlds, Gaming, and Simulation by Charles Wankel, Patrick Blessinger, Jurate Stanaityte and Neil Washington for Emerald Group Publishing. 2012.
- Youth and Political Participation: A Reference Handbook by Glenn H. Utter for ABC-CLIO. September 30, 2011.
- Empowerment and Participation in Youth Work by Annette Fitzsimons, Max Hope, Keith Russell, and Charlie Cooper for Learning Matters. September 20, 2011.
- Therapeutic Residential Care for Children and Young People: An Attachment and Trauma-Informed Model for Practice by Patrick Tomlinson, Rudy Gonzalez, and Susan Barton for Jessica Kingsley Publishers. September 15, 2011.
- Predictive Evaluation: Ensuring Training Delivers Business and Organizational Results by Donald Kirkpatrick and David Basarab. 2011.
- Handbook of Adolescent Literacy Research by Leila Christenbury, Randy Bomer and Peter Smagorinsky for Guilford Press. June 10, 2011.
- The Student Voice Handbook: Bridging the Academic/Practitioner Divide by Warren Kidd and Gerry Czerniawski for Emerald Group Publishing. 2011.
- The Mouse that Roared: Disney and the End of Innocence by Henry A. Giroux for Grace Pollock Rowman & Littlefield. March 16, 2010.
- Young People’s Voices in Physical Education and Youth Sport by Mary O’Sullivan and Ann MacPhail for Routledge. July 12, 2010.
- Perspectives on Power: An Inter-Disciplinary Approach by Heather M. Morgan, Jernej Letnar Černič and Lindsay Milligan for Cambridge Scholars. March 1, 2010.
- Youth in a Suspect Society by Henry A. Giroux for Palgrave Macmillan. September 15, 2009.
- Rethinking Childhood: Attitudes in Contemporary Society by Phil Jones for Bloomsbury Academic. May 7, 2009.
- A School District’s Journey to Excellence: Lessons From Business and Education by Bill McNeal and Tom Oxholm for Corwin Press. July 3, 2008.
- Communities that Learn, Lead, and Last: Building and Sustaining Educational Expertise by Giselle O. Martin-Kniep for John Wiley & Sons. 2008.
- International Handbook of Student Experience in Elementary and Secondary School by Dennis Thiessen and Alison Cook-Sather for Springer. June 3, 2007.
- Youth-Led Community Organizing: Theory and Action by Melvin Delgado for Oxford University Press. August 15, 2007.
- “Student school board reps are being heard” by W. Yost for the Sacramento Bee. January 25, 2007.
- Take Back Higher Education: Race, Youth, and the Crisis of Democracy in the Post-Civil Rights Era by Henry A. Giroux and Susan Searls Giroux for Macmillan. April 17, 2006.
- Designs and Methods for Youth-Led Research by Melvin Delgado for SAGE. 2006.
- Students Are Stakeholders, Too!: Including Every Voice in Authentic High School Reform by Edie Holcomb for Corwin Press. 2006.
- Lift Every Voice: African American Students’ Beliefs of Their School Climate by Constinia Charbonnett for West Virginia University. 2005.
- “Youth Development, Participation, and School Reform: Creating Opportunities and Supports for Student Decision-making in a High School” by Matthew Calvert for University of Wisconsin-Madison. 2004.
- The Abandoned Generation: Democracy Beyond the Culture of Fear by Henry A. Giroux for Palgrave Macmillan. April 19, 2003.
- “Participatacao signficativa dos estudantes – Uma proposta de formacao baseada na coparticipacao de estudantes e professores no ensino superior” by Leanete Thomas Dotta and Marcia Ristow for Psicologia e Ciências da Educação da Universidade do Porto – FPCEUP
- Essential Voices, Part II: Engaging Students and Parents in the Implementation of a New Teacher Evaluation System. A report issued by Advocates for Children of New York. October 2013.
- “Rethinking youth voice and institutional power: Reflections from inside a service learning partnership in a California juvenile hall” by J Tilton for Children and Youth Services Review. 2013.
- “Student voice as a contested practice: Power and participation in two student voice projects” by Carol Robinson University and Carol Taylor for Improving Schools. March 2013.
- “Listening to Students’ Voices Putting Students at the Heart of Education Reform in the GCC” by Richard Shediac, Dr. Leila Hoteit and Dr. Mounira Jamjoom for Booz & Company. 2013.
- “Arab Youth: Civic Engagement & Economic Participation” by UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in the Arab States. 2013.
- SpeakOut Alberta Student Engagement Initiative Year in Review 2010-11 by Alberta Education. 2011.
- “Leadership and student voice at one high school: An action research study” by T Campbell for Washington State University. 2009.
- “Systems, stakeholders, and students: Including students in school reform” by Shelley D. Zion for Improving Schools July 2009.
- “A report on the 16th International Democratic Education Conference” by John Loflin for the Black and Latino Policy Institute. August 11-17, 2008.
- “Youth engagement, high school reform, and improved learning outcomes: Building systemic approaches for youth engagement” by F Joselowsky for NASSP Bulletin. 2007.
- The Learning Compact Redefined: A Call to Action by ASCD. 2007.
- “Students matter in school reform: leaving fingerprints and becoming leaders” by Jerusha Osberg, Denise Pope and Mollie Galloway for International Journal of Leadership in Education: Theory and Practice. 2006.
Dissertations Based on My Work
- ParticipaÇÃo Significativa dos Estudantes – Uma Proposta de FormaÇÃo Baseada na CoparticipaÇÃo de Estandantes e Professores No Ensino Superior. Leanete Thomas Dotta and Marcia Ristow (2013)
- Middle School Student Involvement in China. Hui Ling Yang (2010)
- New Pathways for Partnerships: An Exploration of How Partnering With Students Affects Teachers and Schooling. Cristine Chopra. (2014)
- World Scout Youth Involvement Policy by the World Scout Bureau. 2014.
- Student Council Participation and Broader Civic Engagement: A Preliminary Study by DECODE, commissioned by the Library of Parliament. June 9, 2010.
- “School Connectedness and Meaningful Student Participation“, US Department of Education. January 15, 2010.
- Student voice: A historical perspective and new directions. Paper No. 10. Victoria State Government. Department of Education Office of Learning and Teaching. 2007.
- 36th Edition North Carolina Youth Legislative Assembly Final Report by the North Carolina State Youth Council Youth Advocacy and Involvement Office. 2006.