From 2002 to 2006, I contracted with the Washington State Learn & Serve America program. I provided expert training, consultation, and evaluation for 50 schools statewide.
I partnered with OSPI’s service learning coordinator to provide training and technical assistance focused on meaningful student involvement in service learning for 50+ K-12 schools across Washington. Activities included training students and educators in student voice and evaluating service learning programs in local schools. Outcomes from the project also included the creation of the Meaningful Student Involvement Idea Guide, printed by OSPI.
An additional contract led to the publishing of the Washington Youth Voice Handbook by CommonAction.Partner Schools (sample)
- Vashon Island Student Link Alternative School, Vashon
- Spanaway Elementary School, Spanaway
- Langley Middle School, Langley
- Evergreen High School, Vancouver
- Lewis and Clark High School, Spokane