A person can be engaged within themselves through many different ways, including creating art, working, family-raising, baking, construction, and meditation.
There are many pathways that show the sustained connections we have within ourselves. There are no wrong ways to be engaged within yourself either. Some ways that people engage within themselves that others may disagree with include video gaming, reading, dancing, or house cleaning.
If those all sound commonplace, that’s because they are. Personal Engagement, being self-focused, relies on every single person having connections within themselves that they see, feel, know, believe, understand, or do every single day in some way, some how, some time. There’s simply no way to do it wrong.
That doesn’t mean that our engagements within ourselves are always right, positive, productive, or powerful. Instead, they simply exist.
Three Ways To See Personal Engagement
Here are three ways to recognize your own Personal Engagement...
1) See and say that you are living engaged right now.
Personal Engagement is not a gift or an award, and there’s nothing you have to do. It is you right here, right now, and by existing you are engaged—without doing anything more. Whether or not you know it, you are personally engaged. Say, “I am personally engaged right now.”
2) See that you have done the work of becoming engaged in many ways.
You’ve been personally engaged since you were a child, playing with toys, being with your parents, learning at school, and doing the hard work of growing older. All that required Personal Engagement. Consider all the ways you’ve been engaged throughout your life:
- Talking about the things you’ve done, sticking with the life you’re living, and sharing what you know with other people.
- Connecting with your own ideas, thoughts, wisdom, and knowledge about living, and following those lessons.
- Realizing there are other ways to go and other things to do in your own life, and seeing the tangible connections between how you’ve lived in the past and how you’re going to live in the future.
3) Know that engagement is part of your life every single day right now.
Every day you live through positive things, challenging things, things you’d change and things you’d always do the same. Your Personal Engagement begins with living towards, through, and within your every moment. Whether you’re doing that consciously or unconsciously is irrelevant. As an engaged person living a full life, you know the fruit of Personal Engagement already. You also know, intuitively right now, that acknowledging your Personal Engagement will only make you richer.
That’s what I believe Personal Engagement is. How about you?
Let me know what you think by responding in the comment section below, and please share these tip sheets with your friends!
You Might Like…
- Personal Engagement Tip Sheets by Adam Fletcher
- An Introduction to Heartspace: The Engine of Personal Engagement
Adam Fletcher is available to train, coach, speak, and write about Personal Engagement across the US and Canada. Contact him to learn about the possibilities!