Training teaches how to carry out a specific task more efficiently and reliably. Education, on the other hand, opens and enriches a person’s mind. To train a person, you need know nothing about who they really are, or what they love, or why. Education reaches out to embrace the whole person. Historically, we have treated money as a matter of training, rather than education in its wider and more dignified sense. – John Armstrong
I Am An Educator.
I offers a variety of capacity building activities. My workshops have included about 25,000 participants globally over the past ten years. I also facilitate retreats, The Engagement Institute, and Learning Circles, a platform that brings people together on a nine month transformational action learning journey.
Do you want to change the world? Do you want your organization, school or conference to become better at what they are doing? I facilitate knowledge-sharing and skill-building workshops and professional development. Some of my workshop titles include:
- Meeting Goals Through Engagement
- Sustainable Approaches to Engaging Voice
- Changing the World By Building Connections
- Crosswalk: Changing Yourself To Change The World
- Youth Engagement Institute
- Adam’s Full Topic List
Adam’s Training Tools
- The Freechild Project Youth-Driven Programming Guide, CommonAction Consulting. (2013)
- SoundOut Student Voice Curriculum, CommonAction Consulting. (2013)
- Youth Voice Toolkit, Freechild Project. (2011)
- Freechild Project Youth Engagement Workshop Guide, CommonAction Consulting. (2010).
- Guide to Cooperative Games for Social Change. CommonAction Consulting. (2005)
- Firestarter Participant Guidebook. Points of Light Foundation. (2001)
- Firestarter Facilitator’s Guide. Points of Light Foundation. (2001)
- About Adam Fletcher – Including Adam’s resume, past clients, awards and honors, and more
- Videos – Examples of Adam’s speeches, interviews, and more.
- References – Adult and youth testimonials from Adam’s clients and collaborators.
- Teaching – Adam provides training, workshops, classes, and more!
- Writing – Adam freelance writes articles, booklets, and more for organizations nationally .
- Consulting – Program planning, organizational development, and evaluation services are among Adam’s specialty areas.